How to play first encounter's scenarios with the Wolfenstein 3D first encounter application (shareware or full version):
1) Open Resedit
2) Open a first encounter scenario file with ResEdit. (ex: Simon's mind
3) You can see a ressource called BRGR, just double click on it to open a window. In this window you can see differents
things to select. In the edit menu, choose "select all" or use command-A to select all IDs. Once done, copy them all using command-C or choose "copy" in the edit menu. You can now close everything you have opened.
4) Again, using Resedit, open the Wolfenstein 3D application. ( Do this on a duplicated application to not lose the real scenario )
5) Find the BRGR ressource and double click on it to open the window. Now choose "paste" in the edit menu or use " Replace ressources with the same ID ?" Click on the "Yes" button. Be sure to paste over the existing ID otherwise the levels will not be correctly playable.
* If you have click on "Unique ID" or "No" buttons instead of clicking on the "Yes" button, you must redo the step 1 to 7 with a new Wolfenstein 3D First encounter application.
6) Save the changes and close ResEdit.
7) You can now play the scenarios by opening the application. Good game!
[ Each time you want to play a new scenario you MUST do the steps 1 to 7 with ResEdit with a NEW Wolfenstein 3D First encounter application otherwise the previous scenarios pasted in the ressources will be mixed with the new one ]